Welcome to IMPDb!
Upgrades are done and editing is back on!
Dedicated to identifying aircraft throughout Movies, Television, and Video Games!
Probably airframe number 12, a Wibault 283 T12 christened L'Intriguant registered F-AMYE. As the screenshot is slighty blurred, it could be L'Intrépide, a Wibault 282 T12 (c/n 7) F-AMHM (if actually upgrated). LVCDC 05:47, 19 October 2014 (MDT)
- Sorry, I have the film and you can see behind Irene who is welcoming her uncle Bruner, at Le Bourget airport,the registry : "F-AMTS". It's the Wibault L'Infatigable ... Christian
- Many thanks as it's not easy to work from second hand material. Your note is far better than just probabilities and hypothesis ! LVCDC 07:47, 22 October 2014 (MDT)
Handley Page H.P.42/45
How are you sure it's Heracles? (G-AAX...?.. last letter not visible).
If so, the HP name is H.P.45 , 42W was a name given by the airline company Imperial Airways , W for western. Not official name.Sixcyl 13:51, 22 October 2014 (MDT)
- If Christian has the movie, as he wrotes, I think he could see some shot and details which was missed by our friend of IMCDB ... Another possibility : the movie uses shots displaying two different airframes. That's why looking the movie by yourself instead just using second hand material is much better. LVCDC 14:31, 22 October 2014 (MDT)
"Using second hand material" as you say is for the sake of all these pictures posted by our friends from IMCDb...thanks a lot to them! Sixcyl 13:51, 23 October 2014 (MDT)
- There is nothing shocking to write this: how to differentiate between images made by the author himself (first hand) from those used with the consent of another person when you did not seen the shot?
- Many times, a good screenshot used on IMPDB is not the shot with the essential data (the registration). But the most informative picture doesn't show the plane in the best way to help the spectator to identify it. And if sometimes, the image with such these two qualities is missed by the first contributor, if you have not seen the movie by yourself you don't know this.
- There is no difference in quality between first-hand and second-hand material but what makes THE difference, is the author who saw the movie and the person who just used pictures provided by someone else. Who knows the context? LVCDC 14:30, 25 October 2014 (MDT)