Lockheed L-188 Electra Promo Film (1959)
Welcome to IMPDb!
Upgrades are done and editing is back on!
Dedicated to identifying aircraft throughout Movies, Television, and Video Games!
CAV Productions (Doris Holberg)
Promotion short film for the the new turbo-prop airplane of the Lockheed Aircraft Corporation.
- 1 Lockheed L-188A Electra
- 2 Lockheed L-188A Electra
- 3 Lockheed L-188A Electra
- 4 Lockheed L-188A Electra
- 5 Lockheed L-188A Electra
- 6 Lockheed L-188A Electra
- 7 Lockheed L-188A Electra
- 8 Lockheed L-188A Electra
- 9 Lockheed L-188A Electra
- 10 Lockheed L-188C Electra
- 11 Lockheed L-188A Electra
- 12 Lockheed L-188 Electra’s factory.
- 13 Lockheed L-188 Electra.
- 14 Lockheed L-188A Electra.
- 15 Lockheed L-188C Electra
- 16 Lockheed L-188A Electra
- 17 Lockheed L-188 Electra.
- 18 Lockheed L-188A Electra. & Curtiss-Wright C-46 Commando & Convair 240.
- 19 Lockheed L-188 Electra. & Lockheed L-1649 Starliner.
- 20 Lockheed L-188A Electra & Boeing 377 Stratocruiser
- 21 See also
One of the primary users with "Fly Eastern's Prop-Jet Electra" marking.
At Lockheed Aircraft Corporation factory in Burbank, California.
An American Airlines L-188 in the foreground, three Easterns in the background.
First operator of the Electra, American Airlines.
Registration N6104A, c/n 1025. Built in 1958, and delivered to American Airlines.]] in January 1959. Sold to VARIG and registered as PP-VJM in 1962. Preserved since 1992 at Museu Aeroespacial do Campo dos Afonsos.
Australian companies used the Electra too, here the Ansett-ANA.
Hong Kong airline CPA operated the L-188A till 1967.
Registration VR-HFN, c/n 1002.
Braniff was one of the earlier operators.
At Lockheed Aircraft Corp. Terminal.
Another Australian operator, TAA-Trans Australia Airlines.
Registration VH-TLA, c/n 1061.
National operated Electras from 1959 to 1968.
Northwest, one of the first operators of the Electra.
Registration N121US, c/n 1057. Sadly crashed near Tell City, Indiana in 1960 seven months after its delivery to the Northwest Company.
Not very successful on European market, where the unique customer of Lockheed for the Electra has been KLM who purchased 12 samples of the long range version C.
Registration PH-LLA, c/n 2001.
At Lockheed’s manufactury.
Same aircraft seen in other movies - IMPDb: Frequently Seen Aircraft.
Allison’s turbo-prop engines.
Same footage seen in other movies - IMPDb: Frequently Seen Aircraft.
American Airlines sample in production .
Eastern Air Lines’s sample.
This aircraft was the prototype that started it all the first L-188 ever made. It was first flown on December 6th 1957.
World tour of the A version.
The third Australian company which operated the Electra.
First ordered as TEAL, which became Air New Zeland in 1965.
Travel agency model.
In the background are two Convair 240 and a Curtiss Commando.
In the background is a Starliner.
Boeing 377 Stratocruiser in the background on the right.