Talk:IMPDb: Frequently Seen Locations
Welcome to IMPDb!
Upgrades are done and editing is back on!
Dedicated to identifying aircraft throughout Movies, Television, and Video Games!
It would be good to have the link directly in the "navigation" or "other" list, direct on the left of the page. How do we do for that?.Sixcyl 00:28, 25 November 2014 (MST)
- A link is temporarily put in the See also section of FSA. As Tleeg went some days ago, my hope was great... Perhaps next time ... LVCDC 07:11, 25 November 2014 (MST)
I'd like to propose making a few changes to this page to make navigating it easier. I've already implemented these changes on the backup Fandom site which can be viewed here: https://impdb.fandom.com/wiki/IMPDb:_Frequently_Seen_Locations
- Firstly, I think we should break up the table of locations by country. Currently we just have a single table organized roughly in alphabetical order, but I believe this is somewhat confusing since we use native languages for certain locations, as well as the romanized Latin names for languages that don't use the Latin alphabet. I believe users would find the page easier to navigate if they could first find the header for the specific country they're looking for, and then organize those individual tables alphabetically.
- I currently have ships under their own header, but I went back and forth on whether they should instead be listed under the country of origin/operation, so I'm open to doing it that way as well.
- I think we should add links to Wikipedia for each location entry (or the next best source of info if there is no Wikipedia page), like we have for individual aircraft and airline categories, in order to provide an easy source of additional info for those curious.
- Good idea (I've missed it) which could be push a little bit more : this page is now too wide and could be split by continent :
- Europe and Russia
- Asia, Africa and Oceania
- Access would be via a 'hub' page like Common Aircraft.
- We just need to think about aircraft carrier which could change of owner (some French one ended to Brazil; Russia sold some to China; Spain to Thailand; ...). LVCDC (talk) 09:54, 4 April 2022 (MDT)