L'épopée des pionniers de l'aviation dans les Caraïbes
Welcome to IMPDb!
Dedicated to identifying aircraft throughout Movies, Television, and Video Games!
We are currently in read-only mode for server maintenance.
We regret the inconvenience.
TV Documentary (2011)
English title: The Epic of the Pioneers of Aviation in the Caribbean
Pierre Brouwers (Director/narrator)
Caribbean Islands are at the crossroad of North and South America and their tropical climate makes this chain of small territories some kind of paradise.
But airplanes changed the way to come in and ferry from one to another as we can now count in hours instead of days. Nevertheless, their small size keep them from mass tourism especially for those with the most demanding airport, as like as Aéroport Saint-Jean–Gustave III-Saint-Barthélemy (SBH/TFFJ) where most of the taxiing scenes and landing/take-off were shot.
- 1 McDonnell Douglas MD-82/83
- 2 Airbus A340-313
- 3 Boeing 737
- 4 Embraer ERJ 190-100IGW 190AR
- 5 Unidentified Aircraft
- 6 Britten-Norman BN-2 Islander
- 7 De Havilland Canada DHC-6-300 Twin Otter
- 8 Unidentified Cessna & Piper PA-32-300 Cherokee Six
- 9 Cessna 208B Grand Caravan & Piper PA-23
- 10 Cessna 208B Grand Caravan
- 11 Cessna 208B Grand Caravan
- 12 Britten-Norman BN-2B-20 Islander
- 13 Piper PA-23-250 Aztec F
- 14 MD Helicopters MD 900
- 15 Franco-British Aviation FBA 17
- 16 Unidentified Aircraft
- 17 Curtiss H-16
- 18 Douglas DC-4E
- 19 Latécoère 631
- 20 Latécoère 631
- 21 Latécoère 631
- 22 Consolidated PBY-5A Catalina
- 23 SNCASE SE.200
- 24 Douglas DC-4-1009
- 25 Latécoère 631
- 26 Latécoère 631
- 27 Latécoère 631
- 28 Consolidated PBY-5A Catalina
- 29 Consolidated OA-10A Catalina
- 30 Vought OS2U Kingfisher
- 31 Grumman J2F-5 Duck
- 32 Cessna T-50 Bobcat
- 33 Vultee BT-13 Valiant
- 34 Fairchild PT-19
- 35 Unidentified Aircraft
- 36 Ford 5-AT-C Trimotor
- 37 Curtiss P-40 Warhawk
- 38 Unidentified Aircraft
- 39 Unidentified Aircraft
- 40 Unidentified Aircraft
- 41 Rearwin 7000 Sportster
- 42 Stinson U Airliner
- 43 Unidentified Aircraft
- 44 Beechcraft C-45H Expeditor
- 45 Piper J-5A Cub Cruiser
- 46 Republic RC-3 Seabee
- 47 Miles Martinet
- 48 Stinson L-13A
- 49 Stinson 108 and Cessna T-50 Bobcat
- 50 Unidentified Aircraft
- 51 Cessna 120
- 52 Stampe SV4
- 53 Douglas C-47A-90-DL Skytrain
- 54 Vought OS2U Kingfisher
- 55 De Havilland Canada DHC-6-300 Twin Otter
- 56 De Havilland Canada DHC-6-100 Twin Otter
- 57 Beechcraft D50C Twin Bonanza
- 58 Piper PA-31 Navajo
- 59 De Havilland DH-89 Dragon Rapide
- 60 Beechcraft Model 18
- 61 De Havilland Canada DHC-6-300 Twin Otter
- 62 Britten-Norman BN-2B-20 Islander
- 63 Cessna 172 Skyhawk
- 64 Reims FR172J Reims Rocket
- 65 Lockheed Constellation
- 66 Lockheed L-1049C-55-81 Constellation & Douglas DC3C-S1C3G
- 67 Lockheed L-049 Constellation
- 68 Boeing 707-121
- 69 Boeing 707-328
- 70 Boeing 747-128
- 71 McDonnell Douglas MD-83 & Douglas DC-8 & Boeing 747-283B
- 72 Boeing 707
- 73 Douglas C-47B-35-DK Skytrain
- 74 Unidentified Aircraft
- 75 Unidentified Aircraft
- 76 Piper PA-32-300 Cherokee Six
- 77 Douglas C-47A-65-DL Skytrain (DC-3A-S1C3G)
- 78 Dornier Do 228-201
- 79 Britten-Norman BN-2A-7 Islander
- 80 Britten-Norman BN-2A-20 Islander
- 81 Short 360-300
- 82 Zenith STOL CH 701 / 750
- 83 Lake LA-4-200 Buccaneer
- 84 Cessna 152
- 85 Piper PA-32-300 Cherokee Six
- 86 Aero Commander S-2D-600
- 87 Aero Commander S-2C-600
- 88 Aero Commander S-2D-600
- 89 Piper PA-32-300 Cherokee Six
- 90 Cessna 172N Skyhawk II
- 91 Piper PA-32-300 Cherokee Six
- 92 Piper PA-42-720 Cheyenne III
- 93 Piper PA-31T Cheyenne
- 94 Socata MS.893E Rallye 180
- 95 ATR 42-500
- 96 De Havilland Canada DHC-8-102 Dash 8
- 97 Gulfstream V
- 98 Gulfstream IV(SP) & Airbus A320
- 99 IAI 1125 Astra & Airbus A320
- 100 Cessna 550B Citation Bravo & IAI 1125 Astra & Gulfstream IV(SP)
- 101 De Havilland Canada DHC-6 Twin Otter
- 102 Piper PA-28-151 Cherokee Warrior
- 103 Piper PA-28R-180 Cherokee Arrow
- 104 Britten-Norman Islander
- 105 Piper PA-23-250 Aztec E
- 106 Unidentified Cessna
- 107 De Havilland Canada DHC-6-300 Twin Otter
- 108 Beechcraft 99A Airliner
- 109 Cessna 208B Grand Caravan
- 110 Douglas DC-3
- 111 Cessna 172M Skyhawk
- 112 Dornier Do 28A-1
- 113 St Maarten History Board
- 114 Unidentified Aircraft
- 115 See also
Landing at Princess Juliana International Airport (SXM/TNCM) on Sint Maarten.
Seen at Princess Juliana International Airport (SXM/TNCM) on Sint Maarten.
What type of Cessna?
Registration PJ-WIM, c/n 840.
De Havilland Canada DHC-6-300 baptised "Spirit of José Dormoy", one of the pioneer of aviation in the Caribbeans. Look at IMPDb: Frequently Seen Aircraft.
A unidentified Cessna and a Piper PA-32 (registration N56994, c/n 32-7440038) are parked.
In the foreground, a Cessna 208B on the left (most likely registration F-OHQN, c/n 208B-0715 of Air Caraïbes) and a PA-23 on the right.
In the background, Cessna 208B registration F-OIJO, c/n 208B0961 built in 2002. Same aircraft in other works at IMPDb: Frequently Seen Aircraft (Civil Fixed-Wing).
Possibly registration N95EL, c/n 208B1169.
Registration F-OSBH, c/n 208B2117. Built in 2009.
Registration F-OIJS, serial 2294.
Registration N906AF, serial 83. Also see IMPDb: Frequently Seen Aircraft.
Mail posted from the Dakar, Senegal in 1945 and ferried by the Latécoère 631. Stamp 5,50 Fr West French Africa of 1945 featuring a Douglas DC-4E. Look at the discussion tab.
Desk model of Latécoère 631 c/n 03 with F-BANU registration.
Reg. F-BDRE, c/n 08; lost in Cameroon in September 1955.
The newspaper explain how after a flight with the Latécoère 631, the last step was made with a Catalina in a journey of 32 hours between France and St Barthémemy.
Registration F-BAHE, c/n 01. Maiden flight in august 1943.
Registration F-BBDI, c/n 42941/47 built in 1946.
France Hydro logo. This group operated c/n 02, 05, and 08, though this is most likely c/n 08 as the other two seem to have not seen much use.
Registration F-BDRC, c/n 06. Lost on 1 August 1948 while flying from Fort-de-France, Martinique, to Port-Étienne (now Nouadhibou), Mauritania.
Registration F-BBCD, c/n 9791.
Same aircraft in other movies at IMPDb: Frequently Seen Aircraft.
No results for registration F-WIAD.
Registration F-WIAC doesn't come up with any results.
or H-18 Same aircraft in other movies at IMPDb: Frequently Seen Aircraft.
Desk model on the table.
Free French Pilot Student in front of a trainer, probably a North American Harvard.
In England (look at the flag in the upper right corner), free french in front of what are probably a Harvard and a Hurricane.
José Dormoy at the controls of an unidentified aircraft.
Rearwin 7000 Sportster
Same aircraft in other movies at IMPDb: Frequently Seen Aircraft.
Registrtion F-OGCA, c/n 51-1183.
In the background, on the left.
Same aircraft in other movies at IMPDb: Frequently Seen Aircraft. L-13 or its civil conversion (Acme Centaur 101/102 or Caribbean Traders Husky). Possibly registration N65883.
Remy de Haenen making the first landing on Saba.
Same aircrafts in other movies at IMPDb: Frequently Seen Aircraft.
Registration F-BAXR, c/n 20100 built in 1944.
Single engine aircrafts are not identified but this in the forefront is perhaps a North American L-17A Navion.
Remy de Haenen surveying the island of Saba.
Registration PJ-WIH, c/n 766 built in 1981.
Later seen with updated livery.
Registration PJ-WIA, c/n 22 built in 1966.
Aircraft registered N660Q, a Beech D50B Twin Bonanza.
Registration PJ-WIL, c/n 358 built in 1973.
Registration PJ-WEB, c/n 2208 built in 1989.
Registration F-OGXH, c/n 0408.
Registration F-BGND Lockheed 1049C-55-81 c/n 4513 in front of F-OART Douglas DC3C-S1C3G c/n 4479.
Registration F-BAZB, c/n 2073 built in 1946.
Registration F-BPVB, c/n 19750/22 built in 1970. Same aircraft in other works at IMPDb: Frequently Seen Aircraft (Civil Fixed-Wing).
First landing of a Jumbo Jet of Air France at Pointe à Pitre, Martinique.
From first to last row:
McDonnell Douglas MD-83
Tail of a Douglas DC-8-73
Tail of the single Boeing 747 used by Minerve, a 747-283B reg. F-GHBM, c/n 20120/114.
Registration F-OGDZ, c/n 16534 built in 1944.
Maybe a Zenith CH 601 XL or higher model?
Registration N7638F, c/n 32-7740014 built in 1976.
Registration N841MB, c/n 18961.
Registration F-ODZF, c/n 8107 built in 1987.
Some database give it as a Dornier 228-201, c/n 8107; others says a Do 228-202K, c/n 8123.
On the left, tail of registration F-OGUD, Cessna 208 Caravan c/n 20800210.
Registration F-BTGO, c/n 200.
Registration F-OGNV, c/n 352 built in 1973. Another company Islander following.
Ultralight here in amphibian configuration.
DC-3 N841MB listed above at center, these two Cessna 152s behind.
On the left, registration N24542, c/n 15280321 built in 1977. On the right, registration N24780, c/n 15280374.
Registration F-OGFI, c/n 32-7940125. Seen under the wing of DC-3 N841MB listed above.
Registration F-OGDC, c/n 1409D.
Registration F-OGCC, c/n 1291C.
Registration F-OGCD, c/n 1236C.
Registration N33133, c/n 32-7540089 built in 1975.
Registration N552W, c/n 17268492 built in 1977.
Registration N225TF,c/n 32-7940004 built in 1978.
Piper PA-42-720 Cheyenne III
Registration F-GXES, c/n 42-8001043 built in 1981.
Registration F-BXSK, c/n 31T-7620020.
Registration N291RJ, c/n 12230 built in 1973.
In the background of this first shot, Piper PA-31-310 Navajo C registration C-FDCY, c/n 31-7912007.
Registration F-OIXD, c/n 695 built in 2008.
Registration V2-LDU, c/n 270.
An American Eagle ATR in the background.
Landing at Princess Juliana International Airport (SXM/TNCM).
Closest to furthest:
Cessna 550B Citation Bravo registration N876BB, c/n 550-1087 built in 2004.
IAI 1125 Astra registration N790FH, c/n 056 built in 1991.
Gulfstream IV(SP) registration N465QS, c/n 1463 built in 2002. Operated by NetJets.
Registration N32164, c/n 28-7515083 built in 1974.
Registration N343S, c/n 28R-31118 built in 1969.
Registration N21WW, c/n 27-7554066. This incident occurred on 27 May 2009, when the aircraft overran the runway at Gustaf III Airport (SBH/TFFJ) in Saint Barthélemy.
Registration begins with N6...
Registration PJ-WIF, c/n 543 built in 1977.
Registration F-OIXZ, c/n 208B0685 built in 1998. Crashed on 5 September 2010 with no fatalities, was later repaired and returned to service.
Registration N9347H, c/n 17266105 built in 1975.
Just seen as a desk model.
St Maarten History Board
Low-wing, so not the Cessna 170 mentioned in the caption. Maybe a Ryan navion or a Beechcraft Bonanza / Debonair ?