World War Four
Welcome to IMPDb!
Upgrades are done and editing is back on!
Dedicated to identifying aircraft throughout Movies, Television, and Video Games!
Alternative title: World War 4
Morgan Bradley (Sue Jones)
Graham Vincent (Caleb Jones)
Campbelle Rousselle (Agent Mike Fyfe)
In a near future, crisis are increasingly common : Lybia, North Korea, elsewhere ... USA are on all front. FBI is on the edge, suspecting a malicious spirit trying to create situation leading to a nuclear conflict.
(Please read the discussion tab).
- 1 Boeing F/A-18E Super Hornet
- 2 Bell-Boeing V-22 Osprey
- 3 Bell UH-1Y Venom
- 4 USS Ronald Reagan (CVN-76)
- 5 Boeing F/A-18F Super Hornet
- 6 Northrop Grumman MQ-4C Triton
- 7 Northrop Grumman E-2 Hawkeye
- 8 Bell AH-1Z Viper
- 9 Boeing CH-47 Chinook
- 10 Sikorsky CH-53
- 11 Sikorsky SH-60
- 12 Bell-Boeing MV-22B Osprey
- 13 McDonnell Douglas F-15C Eagle
- 14 Boeing AH-64 Apache
- 15 Boeing B-52H-155-BW Stratofortress
- 16 Bell AH-1Z Viper
- 17 Boeing Vertol CH-46 Sea Knight
- 18 Bell-Boeing V-22 Osprey
- 19 Sikorsky MH-60R
- 20 Bell UH-1Y Venom
- 21 Sikorsky MH-60S
- 22 Lockheed Martin F-16 Fighting Falcon
- 23 Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II
- 24 Lockheed Martin F-35B Lightning II
- 25 Boeing CH-47 Chinook
- 26 Boeing Vertol CH-46 Sea Knight
- 27 Sikorsky CH-53E
- 28 Boeing CH-47 Chinook
- 29 General Atomics MQ-1 Predator
- 30 Lockheed AC-130H Spectre
- 31 USS Carl Vinson (CVN-70)
- 32 Unidentified Aircraft
- 33 SABCA (Lockheed Martin) F-16AM Fighting Falcon
- 34 Fokker (Lockheed Martin) F-16AM Fighting Falcon & Eurofighter Typhoon
- 35 Eurofighter Typhoon
- 36 Dassault Mirage 2000C
- 37 Fokker (Lockheed Martin) F-16AM Fighting Falcon
- 38 Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21 'Fishbed'
- 39 Lockheed Martin F-16C Fighting Falcon
- 40 Unidentified Aircraft
- 41 Boeing B-52H Stratofortress
- 42 Northrop Grumman B-2 Spirit
- 43 Fairchild Republic A-10 Thunderbolt II
- 44 Lockheed AC-130W Spectre
- 45 Boeing B-52H Stratofortress
- 46 Lockheed F-117 Nighthawk
- 47 McDonnell Douglas AV-8B Harrier II
- 48 Bell-Boeing V-22 Osprey & Bell UH-1Y Venom & Bell AH-1 (J or T)
- 49 Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor
- 50 Bell-Boeing V-22 Osprey & Sikorsky CH-53E
- 51 AgustaWestland AW159 Wildcat
- 52 Bell AH-1W SuperCobra
- 53 Westland Lynx HMA.8
- 54 McDonnell Douglas F-15E Eagle
- 55 Boeing C-17 Globemaster III
- 56 Sikorsky CH-53E
- 57 Bell UH-1Y Venom
- 58 Lockheed Martin F-35B Lightning II
- 59 Boeing AH-64 Apache
- 60 Boeing CH-47 Chinook
- 61 Bell AH-1W
- 62 Sikorsky CH-53E
- 63 Lockheed Martin F-35B Lightning II
- 64 Boeing B-52H Stratofortress
- 65 See also
1 : Grumman C-2 Greyhound;
P : Northrop Grumman EA-6B Prowler;
2 : two E-2 Hawkeyes, a third one pointed by the arrow;
Under the 76 (for Hull number: CVN-76) are three Sikorsky SH-60 Seahawk all fold with a fourth one in front of the Hawkeye and a fifth flying as pedro (yellow ring).
Half an hour later, the flighdeck is seen closer.
C : Grumman C-2 Greyhound;
E : three Northrop Grumman EA-6B Prowlers;
H : McDonnell Douglas F-18 Hornets;
SH : Boeing F/A-18 Super Hornets;
S : Sikorsky SH-60.
A Boeing F/A-18F Super Hornet is launched in front of the two E-2 Hawkeyes (R to target the rotodome) and two Sikorsky SH-60 Seahawks (yellow ring).
Aboard USS Nimitz (CVN-68) a Northrop Grumman E-2 Hawkeye is ready for launch alongside two Sikorsky SH-60 Seahawks. Others airframes are Hornet or Super Hornet.
Marine Medium Tiltrotor Squadron 166 (VMM-166) Bell-Boeing MV-22B Osprey s/n 167917 code YX-00.
McDonnell Douglas F-15C Eagle based at Nellis AFB, Nevada, USA.
Archive footage (January 2016) : s/n 60-0055 (c/n 464420) Boeing B-52H-155-BW Stratofortress from Minot AFB, North Dakota, home base of the 5th Bomb Wing praticing a flypast with a McDonnell Douglas F-15K Strike Eagle (ROKAF / Republic of Korea Air Force) and a USAF F-16C block 40 from the 36th 36th Fighter Squadron based at Osan, South Korea (base code K-55). The 36th FS checkerboard dated back from 2007.
Seen later, the same box now with five aircrafts, enroute to the force demonstration.
Inflight refueling on the left.
Sikorsky MH-60R code E01
With a Bell AH-1J/T in the left background.
Sikorsky MH-60S of Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron Seven (HSC-7).
Box of Lockheed Martin F-35 (B ?) over USS Bonhomme Richard (LHD-6).
On 12 July 2020, a fire that lasted four days started aboard LHD-6 leading to extensive damages and so eventually the ship was decommissioned on April 2021.
The usual aircraft of the supercarrier's air wing are on the deck. Only the Northrop Grumman E-2 Hawkeye could be easily identify by its folded wing and rotodome.
According the narrator, this is a Mig-23.
First, Russian Air Force has no longer Flogger on strength since 2004. And the shape is twin-tailed like a Sukhoï Su-27 ...
F-16A of Luchtcomponent / Composante air (Belgian Air Force) upgraded by Mid-Life Update M6.1.
Maybe FA-94 (read : FA-54 ... but this aircraft was destroyed in a mid-air collision on October 1986 before MLU).
Note that the scrambling pilot is boarding FA-57 ...
Footage from Baltic air policing flight over Lithuania. Aeronautica Militare (Italian Air Force) Typhoon fighters fly alongside F-16 fighter jets from the Royal Norwegian Air Force while they fulfill their Baltic air policing role (source : NATO Channel May 2015).
Eurofighter Typhoon of 9° Gruppo Caccia (9th Fighter Squadron), 4° Stormo "Amedeo d'Aosta" (4th Wing), Aeronautica Militare (Italian Air Force).
A box of four Mirage 2000s : two single-seat Mirage 2000C (or -5) mixed with two two-seat Mirage 2000 D (or N).
678 Luftforsvaret (RNoAF / Royal Norwegian Air Force) F-16AM
Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21 UM 'Mongol' with Commander Daniel Moise, Romanian Air Force pilot, second in command of the 86 Operational Group of the 86th Air Base in Feteşti (source : NATO Channel June 2017).
91-389 General Dynamics F-16C Block 50D Fighting Falcon of 55th Fighter Squadron, 20th Fighter Wing from Shaw AFB, South Carolina,USA.
AGM-86 ALCM ? If so, such ALCM was retired on 20 November 2019 for the C/D variants and only the B (nuclear capable) is still in use.
93-1087 Northrop B-2A Block 30 Spirit christened 'Spirit of Pennsylvania'.
93-1086 Northrop B-2A Block 20 Spirit 'Spirit of Kitty Hawk' (upgrade to Block 30 on 2000)
Lockheed AC-130W Stinger II #88-1304 (s/n 5165). Built as a C-130H, converted to MC-130W (summer 2007) later as AC-130W (2012 or slighty before).
Lockheed F-117 Nighthawk probably during an air raid over Iraq. The type was retired on 2009 (even some isolated flights are made from time to time).
McDonnell Douglas AV-8B Harrier II of Marine Attack Squadron 223 (VMA-223).
Inside the cargo of a V-22 Osprey :
Sikorsky CH-53E Super Stallion with two Sikorsky UH-60 Black Hawks.
Lockheed Martin F-35B Lightning II of Marine Fighter Attack Squadron 121 (VMFA-121), the "Green Knights".
F-35B Lightning II airframe BF-03 dropping a GBU-12; Rolled out on January 21st, 2009. First flight on February 2nd, 2010; used for weapons test.
B-52s starting their engine.